martes, 25 de noviembre de 2014

out & about

[Written while Caroline was napping in my bed (I still can't believe she's here!!!)]

I thought I'd take the chance to post about some of the fun I've had over the last couple weeks; I managed to check off a few BA-bucket-list items between bouts of working on my final tests and assignments.


La noche de los museos

"The night of the museums" is a city-sponsored event where tons of Buenos Aires' cultural centers offer free admission to the public for several hours on a Saturday night. The concept is genial but since "the public" refers to a few million people, almost every place is packed. Nonetheless, Rachel and I passed through a concert at the planetarium and then visited Museo Evita, which is dedicated to the country's sweetheart Eva Peron (think Madonna). I'm ashamed to say even after touring the museum all I really understand is that she was a stylish actress who married the guy who became president and then she helped the less fortunate (I think?!). 


Concert at el planetario 
Museo Evita

Afternoon Tea at Las Violetas

Who knew one of the most famous cafés in the city was located on my side of town? Upon finding this out, I invited Sarah to accompany me to a sugary/carby feast.

All this for only ten bucks and a slight tummy ache each!
My happy place (sitting in front of a plate full of treats)



Did I mention there was champagne included?

Tour of la Casa Rosada

I'd seen the palatial mansion many times from outside, but the free tour provided a new perspective as we got to see the majority of the house, including President Kirchner's office!


I don't think I'm getting any better at solo shots #whatdoIdowithmyhands

Exhibit B
The Eva Perón room (did I mention they're obsessed with her?), where they have official dinners

La Bomba de Tiempo

This incredible drum show happens every Monday night, and after months of meaning to go I'm so glad I finally made it! 




Además...

Los bosques de Palermo
Host dad's concert in the park! (He's the guitarist on the right)

Adorable brunch spot with Rachel  

Cool subte artwork

Teaching at Conviven several weeks ago!

 I'll try to write again soon- I'm sure the next few days with C will require a whole entry of their own!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario