sábado, 18 de octubre de 2014

Buenos Aires Market

I spent most of last weekend working on a midterm, but I took a break on Sunday to visit the health/artisanal food mercado with Sarah. It was the perfect way to usher in the new beautiful spring weather (and a semi-successful attempt to fill the Durham-Farmer's-Market-shaped void in my life). Pretty much everyone and their madre came out to Palermo to browse the booths (and it got a little aggressive at times-- I suffered several elbows stabs to the gut as I tried to obtain samples of batatitas, aceite de oliva, and also some weird vegetable cookies that were probably best left un-sampled...). I only tried a fraction of the riquísimo fare, so I already have a plan for what I'm going to buy the next time the market comes to town! 


Wok for lunch!

Queso Brûlée: caramelized cheese on a stick. (Genius.)

MAMBA

I know I say this every time I visit another museum here, but I really do think el Museo de Arte Moderno is my favorite! Every single piece is thought-provoking; some exhibits are playful, others are gruesome, and everything's just weird enough to hold your attention longer than a "normal" work of art. 



Más...

I walked through several protests on my way to a meeting Thursday morning... Displays of this sort are pretty much a daily occurrence in the city.

Reading for class isn't so bad when accompanied by coffee and an apple crumble muffin at Muma's!

The view from my desk in my bedroom. It is slightly weird to have a window into the rest of the house, but with sunshine streaming in through the upper windows I can't complain!

Middlebury organized a visit to el Congreso. I kinda zoned out when we talked about all the political stuff but the building is really pretty!


Don't forget to keep up with my Twitter if you're interested in my day-to-day reflections/awkward moments! 


No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario